It’s more out of life then [sic] just ice in your grill
In part two of this blog, we covered how Ryan Lochte broke the mold and introduced grillz as jewelry for everyone, not just African-American, male, hip hop fans. This changed the game and to this day in 2019, grillz have remained a popular jewelry piece among celebrities, especially women. Here’s a list of famous female celebrities who have occasionally rocked a glimmering gleam since it became cool to do in 2012.
- Beyonce, whose grill has baby vampire fangs along the bottom.
- Rihanna has top and bottom gold grillz, and the top is shaped like a gun.
- Madonna may be in her sixties, but that doesn’t stop our Material Girl!
- Miley Cyrus didn’t surprise anyone with this daring fashion choice.
- Lady Gaga followed in the Queen B’s footsteps with her own pair of vampire fangs.
- Katy Perry wore diamond grillz to the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards that spelled out “Roar” referencing her hit single of the same name.
- Kim Kardashian West obviously has several sets of her own gold and diamond grillz. It only makes sense, considering she’s married to one of the most famous grillz of music — Kanye West.
I got my mouth looking something like a disco ball/I got the diamonds and the ice all hand set
Do you have a grill of your own and want to take care of your teeth but aren’t sure how? We’ll tell you! We understand the appeal to cosmetic dentistry and decorating your teeth but it’s best to be as informed as possible. First it’s important to know that when wearing grillz, especially with regularity, you’re at a higher risk for developing gum diseases and damaging your natural teeth through decay or accelerated erosion. Here are some excellent tips and guidelines to follow to keep your mouth healthy and clean with all that extra metal involved.
- Take out your grillz when you eat.
- Limit the amount of time you spend wearing them.
- Brush and floss before putting in your grillz. This helps keep bacteria from being trapped inside.
- Thoroughly clean your grillz with skin safe cleaner after each use. Cleaning them with a toxic jewelry cleaner will be dangerous to your teeth and gums, regardless if the cleaner is dry when you put your grillz back in.
- Don’t skimp on the metal in your grillz. Pure gold rarely causes a reaction or irritation of the skin, but the same is not true for cheaper metals like nickel.
The frontage in my mouthpiece simply symbolize success
Are you digging the look, but not into the idea of getting a full set of grillz? Several celebrity women agree, cautiously dipping their toes in the teeth-jewelry waters, by affixing (permanently or temporarily depending on the case) small diamonds and delicate charms to only one or two teeth. This trend began in 2017 and is wildly popular with younger celebrities like Ariana Grande, Hailey Bieber, Halsey, and Bella Hadid.
Do you need cosmetic dental work and want a shining smile without grillz or tooth gems? Don’t worry, that’s a common feeling. Luckily our dentist is a shining star when it comes to cosmetic dentistry! Whether it’s a basic procedure, like teeth whitening, or more complicated, like dental implants, Joshua Colkmire DDS has got you covered. Additionally if you already wear grillz, we encourage you to come in and have your teeth checked and get more information on how to care for both your mouth and your grillz properly. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!